The school name changed to Hoath Primary School in September 1999. It has continued to grow and change. The verandahs were completely enclosed to become part of the indoor accommodation. Indoor toilets were added in 1993 – so no more school closures due to frozen toilets! In 2000, to mark the beginning of a new millennium, a weather vane depicting an oak tree was added to the roof. In 2001, the old toilet block was converted into a resource room and in 2002 the office was extended to provide a welcoming entrance area. A new classroom was built in 2006.
Proud gardeners outside, shortly before the new indoor toilets were added in 1993.
The number of staff employed at the school has increased over the years. From 1969 a part-time teacher was employed for two afternoons a week to allow the Headteacher to have some administrative time during the school day. By 1975 these hours had extended to every morning. In 2011 the decision was made to form three classes – Class 1 for all the Infants, Class 2 for Years 3 and 4 and Class 3 for Years 5 and 6. Each class also has at least one full-time teaching assistant.
The number of children on roll has also fluctuated from the 45 on roll in 1935 to a low of 25 in 1960. Through the 1970s the roll was around 50. In 2013 the admission number for each year group is 9, giving a total roll of 63.
Mrs Noake with the children – Golden Jubilee celebrations, 2002
In 2007, against a background of government cuts and reorganisation and in order to secure its future, the school federated with Chislet Church of England Primary School. This means that one Headteacher and one governing body manage both schools. The Headteacher no longer has a regular teaching commitment and there is an Assistant Headteacher at each school.
Royal Wedding Celebrations April 2011